Epilepsy Centers of Excellence (ECoE)
Veterans & Epilepsy - Basic Training
- Memory in Epilepsy - Tracy Broomhead, RN - March 5, 2020 - http://va-eerc-ees.adobeconnect.com/pbf54pcr2ior/
- Epilepsy Self- Management & Community Resources – Natacha Jean – Noel, NP – November 7, 2019 –: http://va-eerc-ees.adobeconnect.com/r1czfyogjcl/
- Women’s Issues - Divya Singhal, MD – October 2, 2019 -: Women's Issues in Epilepsy
- Post Stroke Seizures - Tracey Broomhead – June 6, 2019 -: http://va-eerc-ees.adobeconnect.com/pnwrtf1umbjl/
- Cannabinoids - Chris Ransom, MD - December 6, 2018 –: http://va-eerc-ees.adobeconnect.com/pevt3zry6iki/
- Medical Adherence – Kathy Totice, Pharm D - October 4, 2018 -: http://va-eerc-ees.adobeconnect.com/pqzw69ohz6sp/
Epilepsy: What Actually Happens?
YouTube - Veterans and Epilepsy: Basic Training Series*
Veterans and Epilepsy: Basic Training - series on YouTube with 9 videos.
- YouTube: Basic Training: Epilepsy and TBI
- YouTube: Basic Training: Diagnosis
- YouTube: Basic Training: Psychosocial Issues
- YouTube: Basic Training: Medications
- YouTube: Basic Training: Seizure First Aid
- YouTube: Basic Training: Introduction to Epilepsy & the Epilepsy Centers of Excellence
- YouTube: Psychogenic Non-Epileptic Seizures
- YouTube: Basic Training: Surgery Interventions
- YouTube: Basic Training: Women's Issues
Epilepsy Self-Management Handbook
Self-Management Guide (PDF)
This guide was developed by our ECoE national nursing workgroup. It is designed as a tool to give advice to epilepsy patients about managing medications, staying safe, and living a healthy lifestyle.
Epilepsy and Seizures in Veterans Quick Series
In association with Quick Series®, the VA ECoE has developed the above information booklet on Epilepsy and Seizures. It includes summary information regarding the definition, diagnosis, treatments, and safety guidelines for patients with epilepsy.
If you would like to request a copy, please include your mailing address in an email to ECoE@va.gov.
Psychogenic Non-Epileptic Seizures (PNES)
- Patient Brochure on PNES (PDF)
Epilepsy Phenomes/Genome Project
The Epilepsy Phenomes/Genome Project is a research project sponsored by a consortium of epilepsy centers and the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) working to identify genes that influence the development of epilepsy and drug responsiveness. For more information, please read the documents below or go to the Epilepsy Phenomes/Genome Project website: http://www.epgp.org/ *
Epilepsy Phenomes/Genome Project contact information:
Phone: (888) 279-EPGP
Epilepsy - Video Presentations
|Epilepsy Medication and Side Effects||Yana Kriseman, MD||Slides||Video (WMV)||Video (MP4)|
|Socioeconomic Effects of Epilepsy||Siddharth Kharkar, MD||Slides||Video (WMV)||Video (MP4)|
|Epilepsy and Depression||Manu Hegde, MD||Slides||Video (WMV)||Video (MP4)|
|Cognitive Effects of Epilepsy||Jeffrey Bigelow, MD, MPH||Slides||Video (WMV)||Video (MP4)|
|Introduction to Epilepsy and Seizures||Sarah Shalev, MD||Slides||Video (WMV)||Video (MP4)|
|Epilepsy: Coping with Seizures and Stress||Gilbert Woo, MS, MFTI||Slides||Video (WMV)||Video (MP4)|
|Epilepsy and Traumatic Brain Injury||John Hixson, MD||Slides||Video (WMV)||Video (MP4)|
|Seizure Response and First Aid||Josiah Ambrose, MD||Slides||Video (WMV)||Video (MP4)|
|Epilepsy and Sleep||Arif Kabir, MD||Slides||Video (WMV)||Video (MP4)|
|Introduction to Seizures and Epilepsy||Karen Parko, MD||Slides||Video (WMV)||Video (MP4)|
Links marked with asterisk (*) are external links. By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs Website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.